Leyland Forum
BTR - Printable Version

+- Leyland Forum (http://forum.leylandtown.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Leyland Forum (/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Work Mates (/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+--- Thread: BTR (/showthread.php?tid=2373)

BTR - Budgie - 31-May-2009 10:21 PM

When people refer to BTR does this include L&B rubber company,trying to find out if anybody has memories of Ronnie Bradley who worked there....

- noel - 01-Jun-2009 10:24 AM

I worked at both BTR and L&B Stephen. No L&B er would ever call L&B by the BTR name as they always insisted L&B took BTR over not the other way, as L&B were supposedly the moneyed ones when the take-over happened circa 1970. Sorry I can't help with the name, doesn't ring a bell with me. What department did he work in?

- Budgie - 11-Jun-2009 09:16 AM

Ronnie Bradley did not work in any particular department
he supplied all depts with various equipment on his Lister truck.

RE: BTR - frank h - 25-Jun-2013 08:22 PM

With regards to L&B just heard of the death of Jimmy Whitter aged 84 he worked at L&B, anyone would know him he was allways called little Jimmy. He had a brother who worked there called Eric they lived in standish.

frank h.

RE: BTR - noel - 26-Jun-2013 07:05 PM

Oh dear, Keith Smalley who used to work as Tech Manager at Leyland Medical next door ( and part of the group at one time) died about 4 weeks ago too.

RE: BTR - Jako - 11-Oct-2013 12:50 AM

(26-Jun-2013 07:05 PM)noel Wrote:  Oh dear, Keith Smalley who used to work as Tech Manager at Leyland Medical next door ( and part of the group at one time) died about 4 weeks ago too.

I used to work with Keith Smalley at LMI when I did YTS in the Laboratory.
Last I heard before this post was that he went to Phoenix Medical on Walton Summit.

RE: BTR - Jako - 11-Oct-2013 12:52 AM

(26-Jun-2013 07:05 PM)noel Wrote:  Oh dear, Keith Smalley who used to work as Tech Manager at Leyland Medical next door ( and part of the group at one time) died about 4 weeks ago too.

Is that Eric who had a deformed hand??
He worked in British Rail Dept with a nice bloke called George in Mid 90's.
Eric always had to be one better though and used to really annoy me.
Thought he live in Coppull though, not Standish.

RE: BTR - Martin - 11-Oct-2013 11:54 AM

Hi Jako, welcome to the forum.

RE: BTR - noel - 11-Oct-2013 05:32 PM

(11-Oct-2013 12:50 AM)Jako Wrote:  

I used to work with Keith Smalley at LMI when I did YTS in the Laboratory.
Last I heard before this post was that he went to Phoenix Medical on Walton Summit.

That's right,later it became P3G when Phoenix Medical went bust.