Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The work has begun
16-Apr-2002, 10:12 PM
The work has begun
I've started emailing as many Leyland folk as I can find, friends reunited is a good source but they seem to have a rate limit on emails. My emailing facility has been suspended for today, so I'll have to try again tomorrow.

I'm open to suggestions for recruiting fine, upstanding members of the community to the forum.

suggestions please

Martin
In The Pink

Martin ~
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
17-Apr-2002, 10:38 PM

martin it says theres two pages of members but i cant get on the second page.what am i doning wrong
julie
17-Apr-2002, 11:04 PM

I didn't know we had two pages of members, but I've just checked. There's a little box at the bottom of the page with a '1' in it, if you click on the arrow you will see a '1' and a '2' the '2' should take you to the next page.

Martin
In The Pink

Martin ~
18-Apr-2002, 12:28 AM

Hi Martin, One suggestion would be for forum members to put a link (and brief description) to the forum in the signature of emails we send.

Knowhere Guide to Leyland ( http://www.knowhere.co.uk/3885.html )

Any free add mags/newspapers in Leyland these days that would put in a few lines? I see the Citizen is still going http://www.thisislancashire.co.uk/lancashire/leyland

You may have already seen this site http://www.leyland-lancashire.co.uk/links.htm Has some good pics (the Tesco drawing looks good) and links etc.

Local history society. Cards in shops windows. Local business newsletters/flyers. School noticeboards. Doctors/dentists waiting rooms.

Phew!!

JohnH

JohnH
Find all posts by this user
18-Apr-2002, 02:09 PM

Thanks for the suggestions John, I'm thinking of a newspaper add and I might have some cards printed to leave around the place. I've looked at a few Lancashire links sites and submitted the site where possible.

I'm confident that this forum will be adopted by the multitudes, or is that netitudes of Leyland.

Martin
In The Pink

Martin ~
19-Apr-2002, 08:58 AM

hi martin

iam using netscape to veiw the site it was giving me a jarva script error when i tried to get page two,i tried it in explorer and it works fine.
julie
19-Apr-2002, 10:05 AM

Oh, I haven't tried accessing it in netscape, I'll give it a go later, probably on Sunday... That's the problem with web browsers these days.

Martin
In The Pink

Martin ~