Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Worden High School
24-May-2007, 07:45 PM

Hi Mick

The only teacher I knew who smoked in class was Olga Rhodes. She taught a foreign language in the 'A' class. She also use to get drunk at lunchtime and we had to help her unlock the classroom door. Mr Shorrock had a nervous problem, so we made it worse by slamming the desk tops so he would jump. Then his face would go purple as he shouted at us all.

Yvonne
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
25-May-2007, 11:45 AM

I think Olga may have been Olive the library teacher - we called her Olive I think because she looked a bit like Olive Oyle Popeye's girlfriend.
We had no language teacher when I was there, its one of myn regrets that I never learnt a language at school. Though I couldn't wait to leave and did so at the first opportunity.
Mr Sharrock was my form teacher, I have often wondered what became of him. And Jack Tomlinson who it seems is no longer with us, had an influence in my own working life - he was the woodwork teacher and I took extra lessons at the expense of maths in his class. Mr Dalton was relieved to see me out of the room.
I did an apprenticeship in Joinery and building and later worked in many countries as a builder and aid worker, most recently in Pakistan and the Solomon islands after the earthquakes and tsunamis of those countries. So Mr Tomlinson played his part in my own working life in some way, may he rest in peace.
06-Jun-2008, 07:16 PM

I was also at worden but left in 1976,I was beging to think that nobody would admit to going or all the ex students had fallen off the edge of the world.
22-Jul-2008, 07:15 PM

It was me Noel that asked about the house colours some time back now

quote:

Originally posted by noel

Thanks Yvonne.
I'm sure somebody asked about Worden, the house colours/names some time ago but I can't seem to find it.

Bill
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-Jul-2008, 07:17 PM

I seem to remember when I went to Leyland Secondary Modern School some of my friends left to attend another School that had opened. Would that have been Worden. I did ask the colours for the Senior School me having a yellow button which was Corinthian House.