Posh frocks
Skirts
Leggins
Jeans...

Martin ~
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
17-Apr-2003, 09:55 AM

Hi, Come to think of it - there was no "uniform" for the ladies in the offices - quite a fashion parade, except for the ladies using that purple fluid on the duplicators, was it "Ormig" or something like that? They developed quite a purple outlook on life. Cheerio, Bill.
Find all posts by this user
17-Apr-2003, 09:57 AM

Quote:quote:

Originally posted by Martin

[quote
LOL! What about posh frocks for the ladies?[:o)]

Martin? Fur coats? There used to be a saying in Leyland about ladies who wore fur coats, DEFINITELY not for forum eyes. Bill.

OK,

Fur Coats
Posh frocks
Skirts
Leggins
Jeans...
17-Apr-2003, 10:38 AM

Fur coats......hmmm, not at all PC these days..... and leggings are definitely lower down the scale than jeans - ask Hayley!
17-Apr-2003, 07:26 PM

Linda Wiganer, No its not a PC reason, I`ll give you a clue. Think of ladies of d****ful character who **** very good money, then think of items of cl***ing generally worn, but for convenience not. Mix it all together and you have an old time saying which my SM used often when faced with a person wearing a fur coat, real or simulated. Incidentally, I bought Margaret one many years ago, she would never wear it, can you think of a reason?, and she wasn`t a lobbyist. Fill in the blanks for a bit of fun. Cheerio, Bill. (sorry Martin!!!)
18-Apr-2003, 09:31 AM

As a `new member`, I wonder how long to I have to have been in the forum, or how many postings do I have to make in order to move up the ladder, (said with tonge in cheek)? I would have thought that the `number of posts` spoke for itself as to how long a person had been a member. I have been in other forums for years, so having one star doesn`t bother me at all. However, the present system could look quite daunting to newbies and I`m sure nobody wants to frighten new recruits away!
The work that goes into running a forum like this is tremendous I know, so please don`t take this as a moan, just throwing in my `two-penneth` (for what it`s worth).

Jim
18-Apr-2003, 11:38 AM

quote:

Originally posted by Spitfire

As a `new member`, I wonder how long to I have to have been in the forum, or how many postings do I have to make in order to move up the ladder, (said with tonge in cheek)? I would have thought that the `number of posts` spoke for itself as to how long a person had been a member. I have been in other forums for years, so having one star doesn`t bother me at all. However, the present system could look quite daunting to newbies and I`m sure nobody wants to frighten new recruits away!
The work that goes into running a forum like this is tremendous I know, so please don`t take this as a moan, just throwing in my `two-penneth` (for what it`s worth).

I know you get 3 stars after 100 posts and 2 stars, after not a lot, about 20 or 25 I think. I've never really been impressed by the ranking system, I don't see the neccessity for it. And I agree , we need all the new recruits we can get . It's a bit like having prefects at school who can give you a clip round the ear isn't it.
19-Apr-2003, 09:34 PM

quote:

Originally posted by William R

Linda Wiganer, No its not a PC reason, I`ll give you a clue.

No need for clues, Bill, I knew exactly what saying you meant concerning no nether garments [Wink] but I was also pointing out that we can't have fur coats in the rankings as it's not PC to wear one these days.