• 0 Votes - 0 Average
Support the website
09-Dec-2008, 09:51 AM

Good idea Heather, I'll look into it.

Martin ~
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
10-Dec-2008, 07:51 PM

I have been a very good girl and done most of my Christmas shopping via the links on this forum. Can I have a gold star, please, sir?
Find all posts by this user
10-Dec-2008, 07:58 PM

What's wrong with Santa hats? Thanks Linda!

Martin ~
13-Dec-2008, 01:26 AM

quote:

Originally posted by Martin

What's wrong with Santa hats?

Oh, I wasn't meaning gold stars under my name on the forum! LOL! I meant a gold star to stick in my book for good work..... house points would do though. [:o)]
26-Sep-2009, 03:45 AM

Martin:

I've been using the Amazon.com link quite a bit recently, both searching and actually buying. Does the Forum just get so much a hit or do you see more if someone coming through the Forum link actually buys something? Also, is it mnore lucrative to the forum to keep going back to our link if you want to do more research, rather than just navigating around the Amazon site once you're in?

I'd like to maximize the Forum's income from my use of the Amazon.com link - just need to know the best way of doing it.

I've bought several things in the last few weeks, probably about $150 worth. I got DW a netbook ($330) to supercede her desktop box and give us a computer to use when we travel in our next RV, but I'm not sure it was from Amazon.

They work quite well as a GPS unit integrated with Microsoft Streets and Trips and a GPS receiver. You can't have the driver using it because it's too big (and distracting), but if your co-pilot is navigating, they're great.

Frank

Frank Damp (wife Eileen, nee Nixon)
Leyland resident 1941-1965, emigrated to the US in 1968,
retired to Anacortes, Washington State, USA in 1999.
26-Sep-2009, 12:49 PM

As I understand it Frank, If you click on the affiliate link then whatever you buy in that session will earn a few pennies for the forum. It doesn't generate anything for browsing.

Thank you for your support.

Martin ~
26-Sep-2009, 05:19 PM

I normally go directly to the forum but I have now put the 'support us' page as the first one I look at that way I wont forget when I need to order something from Amazon.