Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Message order, activity, etc
28-Jun-2003, 10:32 AM

quote:

Originally posted by LDunlop76

quote:

Originally posted by William R

Lady G thought I`d been eaten by midges, sorry, but they only go for the natives.

My husband is half Scots so that would explain why he was only bitten half to death by midges last time we stayed in Scotland! [:o)]

Doesn't explain why they always go for me though, 99.9% Lancashire with just a dash of impurities ( Yorkshire <spit!!> )
I prefer to just say the females are attracted to me ( not mentioning the fact they are midge females.)
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
28-Jun-2003, 01:22 PM

Noel, I've heard if you eat a lot of garlic it makes your skin unpalatable to insects. Mind you, it may cost you a few friends too!
28-Jun-2003, 03:24 PM

quote:

Originally posted by LDunlop76

Noel, I've heard if you eat a lot of garlic it makes your skin unpalatable to insects. Mind you, it may cost you a few friends too!

I've tried everything Linda, except dancing naked round the nearest stone circle. Oil of Citronel is the best so far.
29-Jun-2003, 05:54 PM

quote:

Originally posted by noel

Oil of Citronel is the best so far.

Yes, it's not bad, is it? We usually take a citronella candle on holiday with us to repel mozzies while we're sitting round the BBQ.
30-Jun-2003, 03:38 PM

Seems no one's been on the forum over the weekend if my index is working, but it passes time to scroll through the subjects and sometimes the title doesnt reflect the content by the time you reach the last posting anyway. Stop moaning and enjoy the forum. thats my theory.
Quote this message in a reply
30-Jun-2003, 05:55 PM

quote:

Originally posted by Kath smith

Seems no one's been on the forum over the weekend if my index is working, but it passes time to scroll through the subjects and sometimes the title doesnt reflect the content by the time you reach the last posting anyway. Stop moaning and enjoy the forum. thats my theory.

There have been a few posts Kath, though I've been singlehandedly looking after my 1 years old grandson all weekend. I feel like I've done 10 rounds with Mike Tyson.
30-Jun-2003, 07:33 PM

You got time to put your feet up now then, Noel? Here's a cuppa for you: [Image: baby-tea-cup.jpg]

Sorry - couldn't resist! [Smile]
30-Jun-2003, 08:57 PM

This topic seems to have moved on a lot so I'm going to lock it and move the chat to a brnad new topic.[Wink]

To continue with this thread, please use this link.

http://www.leylandtown.info/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=362

Martin ~
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user