Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fox Lane School - with photo
11-Feb-2012, 12:12 PM

quote:

Originally posted by Jellybaby

Yes thats right, you would have been in the year above me. I was ther 66 to 70 and had Mrs Jeptha, Miss Rawlinson, Mr Young and Miss Wayne. For the 4th year trip we went to Torquay. I remember with great affection Mr Grey the caretaker and Mrs Deacon a dinner lady.

Check this out. I revisit regularly.... http://www.woodlea.lancsngfl.ac.uk/index...egory_id=7

I've found 2 of my class photos on there and maybe a third but I'm having trouble convincing myself its the right one

Could you tell me please how you got access to the class photos. I can't seeem to do it.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
11-Feb-2012, 01:22 PM

It looks like you have to have a password Chris. I'm ex Balshaw's by the way left in '64. But not Fox Lane as I come from Farington originally.
11-Feb-2012, 02:41 PM

quote:

Originally posted by noel

It looks like you have to have a password Chris. I'm ex Balshaw's by the way left in '64. But not Fox Lane as I come from Farington originally.

I've tried e mailing the bursar to see if they'll send me one but as yet haven't received anything back.Will give them a chance to reply tomorrow and then may give them a ring. Thanks for the reply though. Thought I was doing something wrong.
11-Feb-2012, 02:48 PM

There's a long forum item about Balshaw's here Chris http://forum.leylandtown.info/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=68 a lot of old memories and recollections of teachers. I really enjoyed my time there though it didn't suit everyone.
Bursar might only log on in school hours?
22-Apr-2012, 10:01 PM

Chris 142...I did email the school and got an answer back from the Bursar. Apparently the person that set the website up and had the passwords has left so the staff can no longer access the passwords and so they cannot give out the password. Pretty poor excuse to me. I would love to see those pictures.
23-Apr-2012, 01:17 PM

Yes I would love to see the photos. Why don't they contact the person who set up the passwords and get them from them. Does seem a weak excuse to me too.

Yvonne
25-Apr-2012, 05:44 AM

Hello Audrey

Things were going very well we finally sold the house our furniture was ready at international shipping, we rented a house till we left for the UK in May then I had to have my appendix out unfortunately they found a rare cancer attached to it so I am now going through chemo I have 4 more to go. I am doing alright with th usual side effects. I shall have to wait three months before I am allowed to travel.
25-Apr-2012, 08:08 PM

Heading up your Cheering Section Avril!!
X X X

T. D.
27-Apr-2012, 03:13 AM

Thankyou all so much I really appreciate your kind thoughts. I am doing what most people do when they have cancer just taking one day at a time and doing what I am told and not thinking about it too much. We all have paths to follow and its how we travel them that counts. Its just annoying that all my books and crafts are stored away at the international storage but then I think now much fun it will be when I get to open all the boxes, just like Christmas. I did read all the C.S. Samsom books and loved them. I forget who it was on here who recommended them.
27-Apr-2012, 07:52 AM

Originally posted by yhawkins

Yes I would love to see the photos. Why don't they contact the person who set up the passwords and get them from them. Does seem a weak excuse to me too.
[That is ridiculous.You would think it would be so easy to contact the person that has the passwords. I think I'll ring later to see what they say.
/quote]