Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fox Lane School - with photo
27-Apr-2012, 10:33 AM

Just catching up with your post Avril and wishing you all the best in your fight. Soon you'll be back in the UK I gather? Good luck we've missed you on the forum.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
28-Apr-2012, 04:37 PM

Best wishes Avril, we're thinking of you !
02-May-2012, 04:42 AM

Audrey I love tracing my ancestry. I have done quite alot, I do find it frustrating at times when you got two people with the same names and family lines seem the same but they end up being not what you are looking for. I traced one I thought to Leyland but it turned out to be a dead end as mine came from the Tramere area. Still it kept me going for a while and I have alot of information stored. I will take it up again when we return to the UK. Am sitting here with a pump attached to me giving home chemo, seems funny but a few years ago I would have been terrified but now I just do it like its second nature. Still I get the pump removed tomorrow.
03-May-2012, 02:21 AM

Thanks Audrey, yet nothing more frustating when it come to getting stuck with Ancestry. But fun when you find a new road.

Yes pump came out today. Now I cannot drink anything cold, but tea is fine. June is not long away cannot wait.

I wish someone would pop into the Old School and ask why they cannot get a new password or else get intouch with the person that did the website, only reason I can see for not asking for help is that the person has passed on but then why not make a new password. I have done that so often when I mislaid my old password.
14-Jul-2012, 05:39 AM

Hello all, did anyone get a more understandable reply than I got from the school, seem a poor excuse to me. Why bother saying they have a link to old pictures when they dont. I found the reply I got from the school very a "dont care attitude".

On another note I got the all clear on my cancer last week I stopped chem after 11 sesions they could not give me the 12th as it was causing too much harm to the nerve endings in my hands and feet. I still have to wait and see how long it will take for the feelings to come back. I get the port out next Thursday which is another milestone. It never worked properly it would allow the chemo in but now allow anything out.

I have to wait 3 months before I can do anything as they like to keep an eye on you. My care was the best the nurses were the kindest and my Consultant was also caring and very understanding.

He wants me to make sure the area I move to in the UK has a good cancer hospital as I will have to have checkups every 3months and a cat scan once a year.

I have been looking for a pair of ducks feet to bring with me when I come home, all that rain might be good for the skin but bad on the feet.
15-Jul-2012, 06:17 PM

Attagirl Avril!!!X X

T. D.
23-Aug-2012, 09:36 PM

quote:

Originally posted by Lynne

Don't know any of these names, John.Was born in Leyland but spent most of my time in and around Bamber Bridge and Preston.
However you mention 'Heald House' and your friend Bill Donkin.
I discovered recently after doing some family history that my great- great grandfather retired from farming in Lydiate Lane area and lived in Heald House.
His son lived there later -till what date I am not sure not having my notes with me -early 1920's maybe. Their surname was Swarbrick.
I have an old picture of the house which I believe is still used for business purposes.
Seems it was dated to Queen Anne's time and is quite historic.
One of the family was Daniel Swarbrick who I understand had a grocer's shop somewhere near The Cross.
Do you remember much about the house itself.
Cheers
[8D]

12-Sep-2012, 03:49 PM

quote:

Don't know any of these names, John.Was born in Leyland but spent most of my time in and around Bamber Bridge and Preston.
I discovered recently after doing some family history that my great- great grandfather retired from farming in Lydiate Lane area and lived in Heald House.
His son lived there later -till what date I am not sure not having my notes with me -early 1920's maybe. Their surname was Swarbrick.
I have an old picture of the house which I believe is still used for business purposes.
One of the family was Daniel Swarbrick who I understand had a grocer's shop somewhere near The Cross.
Cheers
[8D]

13-Sep-2012, 03:43 AM

When I was at Fox Lane Junior School, I got the impression that our first-form teacher (1A), who became Mrs. Jephtha after she married, lived at Heald House. The realignment of the road between Bent Bridge and the A49 junction, after the M6 was built, gave them a lot longer driveway, and maybe some extra acreage.

Frank

Frank Damp (wife Eileen, nee Nixon)
Leyland resident 1941-1965, emigrated to the US in 1968,
retired to Anacortes, Washington State, USA in 1999.
13-Sep-2012, 08:13 PM

quote:

Cheers
[8D]