Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Reunions
25-Apr-2002, 09:59 PM
Reunions
Has anyone been to a school reunion since those good old days?
I haven't heard of any in my year since I left in 79, although I bumped into someone in the Roebuck last year who was talking about one being organised for that year, it's a pity he didn't know anything about computers or the internet.

Martin
In The Pink

Martin ~
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
30-Apr-2002, 03:52 PM

They had a reunion on the 20th May 1994, for the class of 84,
sadly i could not attend due to childbirth, thats how i know the date, but i believe a great time was had by all who attended, the
reunion was held in the drama theatre, just like the old school disco days.
Quote this message in a reply
30-Apr-2002, 05:53 PM

quote:

the reunion was held in the drama theatre, just like the old school disco days.

You mean they let them back in???

Martin
In The Pink

Martin ~
01-May-2002, 11:20 PM

Our year (75-80) had a reunion in 1990, at the Priory club. One nutter hired a BMW to make himself look successful but forgot to take the rental company sticker out of the rear window, saddo.
Sadly two members of our year are now deceased, Gillian Foreman and Ian Reynolds, Gill died from a congenital heart problem about 2 years ago and Ian of an asthma attack about 4 years ago. Since we are only 37/38 years old now it is a wee bit scary.
Hopefully some one will organise another one day, its an unenviable task so it wont be me, (you watch it will be now I've written this).
Quote this message in a reply
16-Apr-2003, 05:19 PM

A reunion is being planned for all those who left in 1974. That was the last year with a 6th form so a grand total of 3 years worth of us left that year!! Check out http://www.angelfire.com/ex/reunion_balshaws_74 for more information.
16-Apr-2003, 11:12 PM

2007 will be the 50th anniversary of O-levels for me. I figure that was my "graduation" year, even though I tried a couple of terms in Lower 6th before jumping over the side.

Whether I'll be able to afford a trip by that time, who knows, but I'd be interested to hear if anyone starts organizing a reunion.

Frank Damp
Anacortes WA, USA

Frank Damp (wife Eileen, nee Nixon)
Leyland resident 1941-1965, emigrated to the US in 1968,
retired to Anacortes, Washington State, USA in 1999.
Find all posts by this user