Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
school days
14-Oct-2011, 09:56 PM

Sad to hear of Peters passing my sympathies to the family. I have a lot of memories of Peter both at school and later unfortunatly after leaving work in Leyland I didnt see much of him but he will be missed. R.I.P.

frank h.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
14-Oct-2011, 11:13 PM

Sad news

Martin ~
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-Oct-2011, 04:36 PM

R.I.P PETER
BARB WILKINS
XX
18-Oct-2011, 04:55 PM

I went to peter's remembrance and celebration at charnock richard crematorium on monday there was about 100 people attended the minister made a lovely presentation i think pete would have proud.
R. I. P. peter we had some wonderfull days all those years ago.
03-Dec-2011, 07:32 PM

A few years later......

[Image: foxlane.jpg]

Recognize anyone?
Anyone remember Mr Young's old Rolls Royce?
26-Jan-2012, 02:41 PM

I'm on that picture !
Yes, I recall mr Youngs car.
I sang in the Special choir at his wedding when he married Miss Marland who was 1B's teacher

quote:

Originally posted by Flooky

A few years later......

[img height=1]http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa451/cejagee/foxlane.jpg[/img]

Recognize anyone?
Anyone remember Mr Young's old Rolls Royce?

28-Jan-2012, 03:59 PM

Back row left to right - Glynis Prendergast Gillian Fellows Rhona Bowe Gillian Sykes Marjorie Waddecar Judith Hunt Mary Ashley Rosalyn Sweeting Elizabeth Houghton Cynthia Hatch Ann Holden, 3rd Row - Barbara Higham Michael Pearson Andrew Wildman Philip Hodgson(?) Christopher Gibson Ainsley Burgoine Peter Singleton Kevin Williams Tom Lemon Keith Knight Jack Cottam, 2nd row - Lynne Tennant Jean Bond Patricia Stubbs Marian Fleming Rosemary Sawle Patricia Marsden Edith Park Pauline Bamber Judith Platt Hilary Moss Valerie Barker, Front row - Robert Porter Barbara Swindlehurst Susan Walsh John Hastie Margatet Walsh Janet Cameron David Saunders
[+] 1 user says Thank You to marianwhitaker for this post
04-Oct-2018, 01:32 PM
RE: school days
Hi All ,
I recienty discovered this site and I knew several of the names listed below the school photo. I left Leyland in the early 70's but visit occasionally. Is there anyone here that remembers me.
04-Oct-2018, 05:18 PM

Although i'm not in this picture I can remember school class photos like this one being taken during the summer. I also know many of the names listed, so must have been attending Fox Lane school about the same time. Is there anyone out there who remembers me?
Regards John Bolton
07-Oct-2018, 11:26 PM
I went to Fox Lane for the first 3 years. I passed the 11-plus exam while in 3rd form and skipped 4th to go to Balshaw's' starting (I think) in September 1952. I planned an engineering career and signed up for 6th form, with Pure Maths, Applied Maths and Physics as my three "signature" classes.

Unfortunately, the Maths teacher was Mr. Wlkinson, who was so obsessed by the girls, I never got any help. I bailed out in April 1958 and got an apprenticeship with English Electric Aviation. First year at Blackpool Tech, I scored 100% in the Maths exam and went on to a Second Class Honours B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering at RCAT- Salford. I went on to a career at Boeing, retiring in 1998 at 57 years old.

Frank Damp, Anacortes, Washington State, USA (top edge about 50 miles south of the Canadian border.)