Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Moss Farm Longmeanygate
11-Oct-2019, 08:08 PM
RE: Moss Farm Longmeanygate
My wife who lived in Dunkirk Lane says there used to be a fishing pit there too, set back.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
11-Oct-2019, 08:27 PM
(11-Oct-2019 08:08 PM)noel Wrote:  My wife who lived in Dunkirk Lane says there used to be a fishing pit there too, set back.

There was no fishing pit when I lived there but there was a pond in the middle of the field behind the farm about fifty yards from the road would that be it?
12-Oct-2019, 07:58 PM
Yes that would be it. We went past the place today on our way to Longton Brickcroft.
The whole area and Dunkirk Lane in particular is a lot more built up than it used to be. I've been on this forum for heaven knows how long and still can't work out how to include a quote in my replies.
13-Oct-2019, 10:54 AM
(12-Oct-2019 07:58 PM)noel Wrote:  Yes that would be it. We went past the place today on our way to Longton Brickcroft.
The whole area and Dunkirk Lane in particular is a lot more built up than it used to be. I've been on this forum for heaven knows how long and still can't work out how to include a quote in my replies.

I last visited the place about 15 years ago and it upset me to see what had happened to the place i never went back. The only person I managed to speak to was at the gate to the allotments and all he did was complain about the trouble they had getting rid of the horsetail. I don`t know anything about quotes sorry.