Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Preston Dairies
14-Jan-2013, 04:37 PM

Since my cardiac adventure in December '11, we've cut back on fat, but not out altogether. According to the diet experts, you need a little bit for lubrication.

We get low-fat milk (1% fat) rather than whole milk (3.9%)and low fat yogurt and now get grass-fed meat whenever we can. We've cut our beef consumption by about 60%, and eat more turkey and chicken. We eat more seafood than we used to do, predominantly clams, crab and shrimp, but not much fish, as Eileen dislikes it and I'm not that enthusiastic.

Frank

Frank Damp (wife Eileen, nee Nixon)
Leyland resident 1941-1965, emigrated to the US in 1968,
retired to Anacortes, Washington State, USA in 1999.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
17-Jan-2018, 04:10 AM
RE: Preston Dairies
(19-Oct-2012 08:59 PM)filmoss Wrote:  quote:

Originally posted by noel

quote:

Originally posted by filmoss

Later on in life circa 15 I was a milk lad for Jack Heywood up Croston Road. I still see Jack from time to time and We go to Haydock races now and again with Mark Bentley who is one of my best mates and who also worked for Jack back in the day !

we used to get our milk from Jack back in the seventies Phil, until we moved down south so guess we used him for around 9 years, lived in an old farmhouse a bit delapidated looking if I remember correctly. Used to get the Jersey milk unpasturised, a bit naughty but lovely thick yellow cream on top was the attraction. Apparently we don't like having cream so they've homogonised most milks now!!

I would have delivered your milk then ! He still lives in the same house and it is in the same state ! The building is listed and he lives out of just 2 downstairs rooms ! He got his Jersey milk from a guy on Wigan Rd, I think his name was Dave Pete.

Dave Peet was my step dad. We lived on Cuerden Farm, Wigan Road
17-Jan-2018, 04:13 AM
Dave Peet was my Stepdad. It was Cuerden Farm
We milked Jerseys and sold it bottled to other milk men
Yesterday, 10:12 AM
What a coincidence. Used to love that creamy yellow milk from those jerseys. Happy memories.