Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Wigan In The Championship
05-Oct-2018, 08:27 PM
RE: Wigan In The Championship
Considering Dave Whelan owns a pie makers, the pies are as you say rather expensive. You can buy a pie in many shops here in Wigan for less than £2.

frank h.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
06-Oct-2018, 12:55 PM
They're about £1.60 for a butter pie the only sort I'll ever eat. I have 1 a year.. Don't ask. Ah well time to get sorted Deepdale beckons.
07-Oct-2018, 12:47 PM
Well I didn't expect that score Frank but it's done our goal difference a lot of good.
07-Oct-2018, 07:48 PM
(05-Oct-2018 08:27 PM)frank h Wrote:  Considering Dave Whelan owns a pie makers, the pies are as you say rather expensive. You can buy a pie in many shops here in Wigan for less than £2.

frank h.

Which pie shop is that Frank? As I worked in Wigan town centre for nearly 30 years I must have had a few of them.

John W
08-Oct-2018, 07:54 PM
Hi John,

the pie makers Dave Whelan owned was Pooles Pies. They had a few shops around Wigan but closed them to consentrate on manufacture.

Noel,
the score was deserved but I think PNE should have had a red card for the foul on Nick Powell,as well as Wigan and the wrong penalty shout was given. The first was a trip the second was a dive, having said that PNE played better in front of goal.

frank h.
09-Oct-2018, 06:34 AM
Wouldn't disagree with that Frank some poor decisions by the ref. Nmecha who is on loan from City made a big difference to our team.
09-Oct-2018, 10:09 PM
(08-Oct-2018 07:54 PM)frank h Wrote:  Hi John,

the pie makers Dave Whelan owned was Pooles Pies. They had a few shops around Wigan but closed them to consentrate on manufacture.

Yes I remember Pooles having a big shop and cafe on New Market St Frank. Also one in Preston and another in Chorley I think - then they all closed. Can't get meat & potato or butter pies down here in Bucks, so when I'm up in the north I usually bring a supply back and freeze 'em.

John

Noel,
the score was deserved but I think PNE should have had a red card for the foul on Nick Powell,as well as Wigan and the wrong penalty shout was given. The first was a trip the second was a dive, having said that PNE played better in front of goal.

frank h.
10-Oct-2018, 06:22 PM
Nmecha was scythed down in the first half quite how a penalty wasn't given we'll never know. Maybe the ref was trying to correct it when he gave the one near the end. I don't like l this grappling with arms wrapped round a player, it never used to happen. It's part of the modern game now though