Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What strange weather
23-Oct-2017, 09:18 AM
RE: What strange weather
Barry's photo is on FB John if you knew him well message? Hibbert did go to Farington school he lived in Crown Street. I was quite pally with him and a lad called John Cooper way back. My wife's Blackpool trip went well, she was buzzing when she got back home. I must admit when we lived in Wiltshire, a small village Dilton Marsh between Warminster and Trowbridge, that was one thing I missed. But not Blackpool, I avoid it. Our nearest was Swanage on the south coast or Brene on the west, spent many a caravan weekend away there.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
23-Oct-2017, 12:34 PM
Agreed about FaceBook, weirdos and extremists, I don`t know why it took off in the early days I was one of the first on it and got abused because I would not become a friend of a friend who was unknown to me, it took ages to get rid of it, so-called social media most unsociable...

djh
23-Oct-2017, 07:44 PM
I've had a FB account for must be 10 years now and never received any abuse. I've added a few "friends of friends" and if I found their subjects not what I wanted,stopped following them. But the advantages to me as a father of 3 lads who have 3 lovely ladies and 6 grandchildren between them and share photos with me and news of their progress, far outweighs any negatives.
24-Oct-2017, 02:18 PM (This post was last modified: 24-Oct-2017 02:26 PM by jwhi.)
(23-Oct-2017 09:18 AM)noel Wrote:  Barry's photo is on FB John if you knew him well message? Hibbert did go to Farington school he lived in Crown Street. I was quite pally with him and a lad called John Cooper way back. My wife's Blackpool trip went well, she was buzzing when she got back home. I must admit when we lived in Wiltshire, a small village Dilton Marsh between Warminster and Trowbridge, that was one thing I missed. But not Blackpool, I avoid it. Our nearest was Swanage on the south coast or Brene on the west, spent many a caravan weekend away there.

I might have to look in on FB Noel, just to satisfy my curiosity about Barry Lloyd at least - I sometimes think about his whippet (for some reason), and can't for the life of me remember it's name. Barry and I went on a double date once with 2 lasses from Bent Lane........he probably brought the dog with him, though it's lost in the mists of time!

Nice county, Wiltshire. My daughter lives a few miles from Swindon and when we visit we all have a walk along the Ridgeway on Marlborough Downs, great walking country.

John

(23-Oct-2017 12:34 PM)Dave H Wrote:  Agreed about FaceBook, weirdos and extremists, I don`t know why it took off in the early days I was one of the first on it and got abused because I would not become a friend of a friend who was unknown to me, it took ages to get rid of it, so-called social media most unsociable...

Hello DaveH!
I think I might have to have a trial look at Facebook, there are prob so many people who used to know me on there.......though that could be a reason not to!
I was on there about 8 years ago and remember having trouble getting out of it. Hey it won't expose me to Pres Trump's messages will it?!

John