Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Christmas 2017
29-Dec-2017, 10:16 PM
RE: Christmas 2017
Noel:

Since I can only read the Post on line, I'll have to keep an eye on their website for maybe a couple of weeks to see my e-mail posting. Today, the latest "reader's letter" is from 14 December!

Frank
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
30-Dec-2017, 06:20 PM
(29-Dec-2017 10:16 PM)anacortesdamp Wrote:  Noel:

Since I can only read the Post on line, I'll have to keep an eye on their website for maybe a couple of weeks to see my e-mail posting. Today, the latest "reader's letter" is from 14 December!

Frank

i can scan it and send it you if you wish?
30-Dec-2017, 08:42 PM
Thanks for the offer, Noel, but I remember what I wrote, so I can just wait until it shows up in the "on line" readers' letters.
There's also a chance my sister saw it and, if so, she'll probably mail me a copy.

Frank
[+] 1 user says Thank You to anacortesdamp for this post
31-Dec-2017, 11:45 PM
(29-Dec-2017 06:40 PM)Dave H Wrote:  I am also Type 2 since I was 50, now borderline type 1 but a bad diabetic not bothering much with diet relying on Glucophage and insulin, enjoying Christmas but not increasing weight as I am the whippet brigade and have been all my life and at 78 I am not worrying about living till I am 100...Smile

There's a big effort going on here with the NHS and I think a private healthcare provider to assist people at risk of Type 2 Dave. It aims to avoid the need for treatment by encouraging diet and exercise changes. I'm on a pilot scheme. Quite good so far, though Christmas and other family get-togethers have spoiled my momentum! I'll be back to it in January.....

All the best
01-Jan-2018, 07:12 PM
Well done John, keep up the good work and update us on your progress, when I was first diagnosed I went on a diet aged 50 and in 6months I was down to 7 stone from 8.5 when I next saw the doctor he said are you ill, I told him the diet and he said you must stop now and eat normally and I did as he said so from then on, with my metabolic rate I must not have needed it, but I was not an overweight diabetic so as I have said I am the whippet brigade luckily...

djh
01-Jan-2018, 09:29 PM
Eating badly is what caused mine. I'd piled weight on through eating fatty sugary foods then suddenly began to lose it and developing a terrific thirst ending up with 3 months off work as I'd lost so much bodyweight mainly muscle. to it. It just annoyed me that at 54 I could suddenly get free prescription despite people suffering from more serious condition having to pay. CF for example,
04-Jan-2018, 03:33 PM
(01-Jan-2018 07:12 PM)Dave H Wrote:  Well done John, keep up the good work and update us on your progress, when I was first diagnosed I went on a diet aged 50 and in 6months I was down to 7 stone from 8.5 when I next saw the doctor he said are you ill, I told him the diet and he said you must stop now and eat normally and I did as he said so from then on, with my metabolic rate I must not have needed it, but I was not an overweight diabetic so as I have said I am the whippet brigade luckily...

That's a serious weight loss when you're only 8.5 to begin with Dave! Hope you're maintaining your fighting weight now.
I don't want to lose any more now, 11's fine for me......when I smoked and went through divorce I dropped below 10 and looked haggard. Annoyingly a photo of me in that state is still on my driving licence.
Anyway it'll be pork pies this weekend - I'm visiting son's family in Yorkshire and he always lays in local pork pies.....love 'em!
[+] 1 user says Thank You to jwhi for this post
04-Jan-2018, 06:27 PM
Sound as a pound John, not too much sugar in a porkie...

djh
10-Jan-2018, 04:33 PM
Well here's an update on the pork pies last weekend.............1 pork & mushy peas pie, 1 pork & caramelised onion and 1 pork & black pud pie.........champion! Can't get that sort of thing here in the south of the country so only have them when I visit the north (maybe it's just as well!).

John
11-Jan-2018, 09:32 AM
Good on ya John, can`t get them on Crete, will try the English shop at Vamos area...

djh