Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hi Leyland
Yesterday, 04:04 AM
Hi Leyland
Hi everyone
Names Andy Milligan. Used my adopted name for a few years of Andy Peet then went back to Milligan later in life. Attended Turnip Green initially then Lancaster Lane when it was built. Secondary schooled at Wellfield until 1982. Lived on Kellet Avenue then Wigan Road then Cuerden Farm. Great to read all the stories and see some familiar names
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Today, 05:19 AM
RE: Hi Leyland
Welcome, Andy. I assume "Turpin" after the highwayman. DW and I are ex-pat Leylanders. My family owned George Damp & Sons hardware store on Towngate and a gas station at the junction of Canberra Road and Turpin Green. I think there's a Tesco there now. The Towngate facility is now a series of small stores. DW's folks (Nixon) had a green-grocery at 90 Hough Lane.

We emigrated to the USA in July 1968. and have spent all but three years since in Washington State (top LH corner). We're retired (back in 1999) in Anacortes, which is about 50 bird-fly miles south of the border with Canada.

Frank Damp
Today, 11:01 AM
RE: Hi Leyland
Welcome Andy from Newzealand we expats get all over, I am Dave Harrison 20 years at Leyland Motors until redundancy and then started a Driving school in Leyland for the next 20 odd years specialing in disabled driving and had 5 cars employing 4 instructors doing the ordinary driver training, retired in 2006 and under doctors orders to live in the Med moved to Crete Greece for the climate and diet...

djh