Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Loss of a Forum Member- anacortesdamp
24-May-2019, 05:50 PM
Loss of a Forum Member- anacortesdamp
Colin Damp posted this on the FB group 'Leyland Memories' last night.
"Anyone on here who knew my older brother Frank will be sad to hear that he died aged 77 at his home in Anacortes in Washington state, USA on Wednesday 22nd May 2019. He'd been suffering from heart trouble for several years.

He and his wife, Eileen, emigrated to America in the late 1960s after he was made redundant from BAC Warton when the TSR2 was cancelled and he went to work for Boeing.

Eileen's parents were Percy and Polly Nixon who used to run a greengrocers in Hough Lane which they sold to Jimmy Ditchfield when they retired.

Eileen survives Frank, along with their four childen, seven grandchildren and one great-granddaughter.

R.I.P."
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
25-May-2019, 10:19 AM (This post was last modified: 25-May-2019 10:21 AM by Dave H.)
RE: Loss of a Forum Member- anacortesdamp
Sorry to hear of our long-time member and frequent poster Frank, he will be greatly missed, not many of us left now, hopefully more will join the forum and keep us informed of local news, as an ex Leylander and local businessman now retired on health grounds to Crete Greece I feel the forum is a link to my past life and view it with affection, R.I.P Frank

djh
25-May-2019, 01:56 PM
Heart RE: Loss of a Forum Member- anacortesdamp
That is sad news. Frank had been a member of this forum since 2002 and had been a constant contributor. He was never afraid to say what he thought and took part in a few lively debates over the years.

The forum won't be the same without him.

Our condolences go out to his family and friends.
25-May-2019, 08:02 PM
Sad to hear of Franks passing, it only seems like Yesterday we both were delivering papers for Threlfalls shop at the Cross.
My condolences to all franks family

Frank h.
27-May-2019, 02:04 PM
Well this is sad news indeed. Frank was one of the more prodigious members, always polite and like his name, frank. I will miss his comments. My condolences to Eileen and his family.
R.I.P
Noel