Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
school colours
08-May-2005, 10:32 PM
school colours
Does anyone remember the house colours at Worden high school in the sixties. I can remember Lostock (red) Athereton (Blue) Bannister (green), but I cant for the life of me remenber Yellow! can anyone help out there?

Bill
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
09-May-2005, 08:53 PM

Leadale !
Quote this message in a reply
16-May-2005, 03:47 PM

Hey thanks for that Wrighty!

Bill
10-Jun-2005, 02:41 AM

When did they change the names? when I was at that school yellow was corinthian
Find all posts by this user
10-Jun-2005, 04:13 PM

Well Frank I tend to think you have the wrong school, the Welfield colours where, olympians (red) Athenians (Green) Spartans (blue) Corinthians (yellow) as quoted by my friend Bruce, he was there @ welfield from 1962 -1966.
The school I was refering to was Worden.

Bill
11-Jun-2005, 03:50 PM

Originally posted by Moff

Well Frank I tend to think you have the wrong school, the Welfield colours where, olympians (red) Athenians (Green) Spartans (blue) Corinthians (yellow) as quoted by my friend Bruce, he was there @ welfield from 1962 -1966.
The school I was refering to was Worden.
[/quote
hi bill the colours where the same in 1972 when i left .
its good to see someone is talking about worden i have tried to get someone involved since last year
mike.
14-Jun-2005, 02:08 AM

I was at the school that was behind what used to be the "regent" close to Grundys, somhow I got it in my head that the name had changed, could you fill me in the location of your school, by the way when I was at school A B Church was headmaster, long time ago!
14-Jun-2005, 09:29 AM

Leyland Secondary Modern school changed its name to Wellfield in about 1959 Frank. Worden high school is in Westfield drive off Broadfield drive.
15-Jun-2005, 06:58 AM

It was also referred to and about as the senior school before Worden was built I think, there were just Balshaws and the senior school when I did my 11+.
15-Jun-2005, 04:47 PM

I was at Leyland Secondary Modern School before it changed its name to Wellfield does anyone know why they changed the name? Mr. Church was the one who gave me the cane for being late to school 3 times in one week. Had to bus to catch had to walk from Cowling Lane thankgoodness we moved to Bannister Drive so I lived almost on top of the school.