Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
school colours
15-Jun-2005, 09:20 PM

Noel,
What were the colours at Balshaw's? Blue for Worden, yellow for Farington I think, but I cant remember the other two.
Brian
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
16-Jun-2005, 11:52 PM

Hi Mike, thanks for the info about the colours at Worden when you left, and yes it is good to see talk of worden, anybody else out there?

Bill
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-Jun-2005, 06:47 PM

Yes, that's right! I heard that female house members were called "Cuerden Cuties" and "Clayton Clots", but can't recall what the names were for Farington & Worden girls (if any existed). P.S. - I was in Clayton...quote:

Originally posted by audpluswesties

Red for Cuerden; Green for Clayton ? Think that was right! [Big Grin]

17-Jun-2005, 09:27 PM

quote:

Originally posted by Moff

Hi Mike, thanks for the info about the colours at Worden when you left, and yes it is good to see talk of worden, anybody else out there?

My wife went to Worden in the early sixties but she won't come on the forum, she leads a hectic life with the cub scouts and in particular children with behavioural problems, very rewarding but also very time consuming . Think she would have been 1961-66 "ish".
17-Jun-2005, 09:29 PM

I see you've got chess listed as a hobby as well Bill, me also. I play on line on the Chess World site, called myself Incrediblebulk. A few size hints there, LOL.
20-Jun-2005, 06:35 PM

I think the name cuerden cuties stems from a house party where we did a skit on the rock and roll scene, I don't remember the clayton clots though. it was only supposed to be a one off name
21-Jun-2005, 08:41 PM

Yes Noel I was at Worden school between the same dates you mentioned, what is your wifes name? And yes I am a keen chess player, I once played at Leyland chess club for a couple of seasons. I usually play chess online on internet chess club or chess live.

Bill
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-Jun-2005, 09:06 PM

My wife knows of a Stuart Moffatt her name was Margaret Iddon.
She used to live down Dunkirk Lane near to Noel Mk11 ( Magicman) Noel's mum taught my wife at St James school. I'm not having much luck on the internet chess, I'm classed as "a strong beginner," 45 years after first taking it up. Given another 45 years, god willing I might make intermediate, :-)-
21-Jun-2005, 11:23 PM

Wow - I knew a Stuart Moffat as well. Not sure from where, though, or why!!
Says a lot about me, doesn't it - lol.

Noel Mk1, hope I'm here to check back on your progress - good luck on both counts!

http://www.partymagic.org.uk
22-Jun-2005, 07:55 AM

quote:

Originally posted by magicman

Wow - I knew a Stuart Moffat as well. Not sure from where, though, or why!!
Says a lot about me, doesn't it - lol.

Noel Mk1, hope I'm here to check back on your progress - good luck on both counts!

Cheers Mk11. [Wink]