Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Balshaw's photo 1959
24-Jul-2002, 09:18 AM
Balshaw's photo 1959
I remember your sister Frank, never knew her name but I certainly remember seeing her around. As Rocketman John said we blokes were in love with about 300 girls anyway. Once you finish the document I assume you will e-mail it privately ? Or will Martin maybe upload it onto the forum site.

The significant owl hoots in the night.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
24-Jul-2002, 09:27 AM

Sorry Martin, the forum was so slow at times this morning then it speeded up.At one time I made a cuppa whilst it was loading an item.Could you delete one of these duplicated items on Balshaw's Photos 1959 please , I thought the forum had seized up so loaded it again. Thankyou.

24-Jul-2002, 07:41 PM

Noel:

I sent Martin an e-mail this morning asking him about posting the name list - still waiting for a reply. Typically, the more complex Word constructions, like tables, aren't compatible with the bulletin board format.

If we can't get the list posted, I will e-mail it as an attachment to anyone that wants it.

Frank

Frank Damp (wife Eileen, nee Nixon)
Leyland resident 1941-1965, emigrated to the US in 1968,
retired to Anacortes, Washington State, USA in 1999.
24-Jul-2002, 09:06 PM

Put me down for a copy please Frank, I'm anxious to remember the names of all those pupils I recognise so well.
Many thanks.

24-Jul-2002, 10:21 PM

I'll certainly have a go at publishing the list on this web site. It might not be this week though.

[img]martinsig.gif[/img]
In The Pink

Martin ~
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-Jul-2002, 05:36 PM

By the way Lady G you asked about the groundsman's name , well when I was there it was Johnny Naylor who took the most terrible ribbing of some of the pupils and gave back as much as he got. How else do you survive doingthat sort of job.

26-Jul-2002, 06:21 AM

Noel:

I remember him as Johnny Miller, but I don't remember the Scottish part that lady G mentioned. He was a short, stocky man a bit red-faced from being outside so much and going bald. Was proably in his late 40's during my time at school On one famous occasion, he ran the big mower over a brand-new raincoat belonging to Geoff Cunliffe, one of my class-mates. Boy was there a stink.

I think it was finally resolved that the school re-imburesed the Cunliffes for half the value of the coat, on the basis that Geoff had deliberately left it in the path of the mower.

I think that was when we were in 3rd form, which would've been 1954/55 school year.

Frank

Frank Damp (wife Eileen, nee Nixon)
Leyland resident 1941-1965, emigrated to the US in 1968,
retired to Anacortes, Washington State, USA in 1999.
26-Jul-2002, 09:47 AM

quote:

Noel:

I remember him as Johnny Miller, but I don't remember the Scottish part that lady G mentioned. Frank

Funny tale about the coat. Johnny Miller, I thought he was a lot older than that . Think we used to call him Johnny Noiler for some strange reason which is probably where I got the "Naylor" from.
What a job though surrounded by all those wild teenagers.

28-Jul-2002, 09:57 PM

More names, 5th row up, girls
From left- I. margaret Stevenson 19. Susan Bennett 23 Carol? 30. Irene Cooper 36. Julia Lake 66. Jennifer Robinson.
Can do no better than that, but I know people who can help, if ever I see them.

http://artistsmock.blogspot.com/
http://www.artistsmock.com
05-Aug-2002, 11:43 PM

If someone can mail me the upto date list, I can have a go at making a page for the photo and names... Now that I'm back off my hols, witha factor 30 tan [img]martinsig.gif[/img]

[img]martinsig.gif[/img]
In The Pink

Martin ~