Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Preston North End 2005-2006 Chat
13-Aug-2005, 03:09 AM

30/- for a cricket match wouldn't be too bad. You did mean 30/- didn't you ? I mean who in their right mind would pay £30 to watch part of a cricket match ??? Is that with or without butties ??
Oh yeah, tomorrow, Saturday, 4:30Am Everton v Man U. free, I'll record that one and watch it when I awake, then 9:00 M'boro v L'pool, free. So why buy for a league that has only three teams with any chance of winning it [?][Sad][Sad]
£30 for one day [?] So a five day test would be £150. You guys are nuts [:o)]
Quote this message in a reply
13-Aug-2005, 04:41 AM

Your comments about pricing sent me off on a tangent. My hobby (making model trucks) sounds very cheap if you compare it to £25 for a 90 minute match, compared to my £25 - £30 per model that take several weeks to complete. Not very interesting, but I thought I`d share it anyway [Tongue]

Jim
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
13-Aug-2005, 10:48 AM

Tickets have been going for as much as £300 on e-bay for the cricket. I did suggest to my son he put them up for sale, as the weather forecast for today wasn't good, and I've just had a call from him, he's in a pub in Manchester, it's raining.

Oh happy days.
13-Aug-2005, 09:15 PM

quote:

Originally posted by Spitfire

Your comments about pricing sent me off on a tangent. My hobby (making model trucks) sounds very cheap if you compare it to £25 for a 90 minute match, compared to my £25 - £30 per model that take several weeks to complete. Not very interesting, but I thought I`d share it anyway [Tongue]

Yes but at least watching your football team you only lose your temper for 90 minutes, whereas making a model it cam last several weeks.[Wink]
14-Aug-2005, 05:41 AM

quote:

Originally posted by Spitfire

Watch this space [Tongue][Tongue][Tongue]

What is it I'm 'watching' for ??
Quote this message in a reply
14-Aug-2005, 07:52 AM

David, I was refering to the banter flowing between you and Noel. I was simply interested in what might be coming next.
By the way, thank-you for not commenting on yesterdays result.

Jim
14-Aug-2005, 08:05 AM

Both Preston and Blackburn made poor starts to the season still they can both only improve (we hope!!!)
14-Aug-2005, 09:29 AM

quote:

Originally posted by shuffy

Both Preston and Blackburn made poor starts to the season still they can both only improve (we hope!!!)

Blackburn literally got "Hammered". Oh dear .[Sad!]
14-Aug-2005, 10:19 AM

What went wrong?

Martin ~
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-Aug-2005, 01:57 PM

Noel you have a cruel tongue[xx(] I only support Blackburn 2nd hand as both my younger 2 children (adults) support Rovers !![Smile]