Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Leyland A to Z Discussion
22-Sep-2002, 02:31 PM
Leyland A to Z Discussion
Talk about the new A to Z and suggest changes or improvements to is.

Martin ~
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
22-Sep-2002, 09:28 PM

Martin, how would you do it? A topic starts , and we get diversions to other topics not related (guilty). It should start with an Index, but with such varied topics, would it become an unwieldy index with sub index and sub/sub/ index. We should all say what we think would be best and let you pick amongst it for ideas. Regards. William R. aka Bill.
Find all posts by this user
23-Sep-2002, 12:55 AM

Martin:

Once I accessed the encyclopedia, I couldn't get back to "all topics" I had to go back to my home page and then reselect the forum from my favorites list.

FRank

Frank Damp (wife Eileen, nee Nixon)
Leyland resident 1941-1965, emigrated to the US in 1968,
retired to Anacortes, Washington State, USA in 1999.
23-Sep-2002, 09:54 AM

quote:

Originally posted by anacortesdamp

Martin:
Once I accessed the encyclopedia, I couldn't get back to "all topics" I had to go back to my home page and then reselect the forum from my favorites list.
FRank

Frank, you can get back to the main forum by using the drop down menu underneath the LTF logo and selecting "default categories"

Bill, that's a good question, we'll just have to see how it goes for now. The idea is to decide what you are going to post about,"Festival", "Cross (Leyland Cross)" etc... and give any information you have on that particular topic. If anyone else has more information, they can add to it, If someone wants to talk about what they had for lunch on Sunday, then the main forum is the best place for that.
You can post about anything to do with Leyland, (buses, pubs, churches, zebra crossings...) as long as it's in the right place.
If someone does drift off topic, it's not a big deal. I can always use my big pair of scissors [}Smile]

Martin ~
23-Sep-2002, 11:01 PM

Martin, Thinking aloud here, could postings be shown in date order so that we didn`t have to search through all the topics looking for the latest. You know, a list of todays items, whether between preset times,midnight to midnight, or what. I come on twice a day and search the list looking for the latest dates, then go to them. Its a lot of jumping about. Like putting messages on the spike is what I`m thinking. Cheers, Bill.
24-Sep-2002, 09:37 AM

quote:

Originally posted by William R

Martin, Thinking aloud here, could postings be shown in date order so that we didn`t have to search through all the topics looking for the latest. Cheers, Bill.

Bill, there are ways to sort postings already. You could use the "active topics" link from the menu at the top of the page, this will show you all postings from the last "xx" hours, days, weeks or months. There is also a drop down menu (top right) to only display the most recent topics, ie one month old or less, three months etc. If you are looking at a list of topics, the most recent will be at the top unless you change your preferences.
Hope this helps.

Martin ~