Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Leyland Paints
Not kidding Noel! the paint was a mix of emulsion and oil paint the two dont mix. The spotted effect came about by the spraying method.

frank h.
@pne09 asks "what year was the Leyland Paint factory fire, remember watching it from my bed room next to the ambulance station?
Martin ~
quote:

Originally posted by noel

Striped paint, and you're not kidding. Terry Grayston's the only lad I knew from the lab.

SB
quote:

Originally posted by Martin

@pne09 asks "what year was the Leyland Paint factory fire, remember watching it from my bed room next to the ambulance station?

Late sixties/early seventies was Rocketman's estimate in an earlier thread about Brook Mill, any more offers?
I don't remember the Paint Works fire, so it must've been after 1965, when we moved to Kenilworth or maybe after '68 when we came to the US.

I do remember a fire at the L&B when the big steam engine behind the glass wall on Golden Hill went into over-speed and the flywheel separated. It smashed though the wall and finished up on the LMSAC fields, if memory serves.

Frank
Frank Damp (wife Eileen, nee Nixon)
Leyland resident 1941-1965, emigrated to the US in 1968,
retired to Anacortes, Washington State, USA in 1999.
I heard about the L&B fire Frank but only after I started there in '88. I'm surprised I didn't hear about it at the time. I'm still not sure when it happened. The department there ifI remember correctly was spreading department.
One thing I do remember about L&B where notices on some of the doors "danger, asbestos do not enter". The doors were unlocked and it was regarded as a route through the department to the lab. Hope it wasn't true!!
where are all the people who worked at leyland paints
SB
quote:

Originally posted by noel

quote:

Originally posted by Martin

Late sixties/early seventies was Rocketman's estimate in an earlier thread about Brook Mill, any more offers?

SB
There was a fire in the varnish house when I worked at Leyland Paints would have been around the mid eightes I guess
SB
(20-Mar-2003, 11:06 AM)noel Wrote: My father worked there until the mid seventies.

Noel. I worked there from 1971 to 1979. I ended up mixing colours on the platform. Did your father play on the football team?