LOL! What about "posh frocks" for the ladies?[:o)]

OK,

Fur Coats
Posh frocks
Skirts
Leggins
Jeans...
Martin ~
Hi, Come to think of it - there was no "uniform" for the ladies in the offices - quite a fashion parade, except for the ladies using that purple fluid on the duplicators, was it "Ormig" or something like that? They developed quite a purple outlook on life. Cheerio, Bill.
Quote:quote:

Originally posted by Martin

[quote
LOL! What about posh frocks for the ladies?[:o)]

Martin? Fur coats? There used to be a saying in Leyland about ladies who wore fur coats, DEFINITELY not for forum eyes. Bill.

OK,

Fur Coats
Posh frocks
Skirts
Leggins
Jeans...
Fur coats......hmmm, not at all PC these days..... and leggings are definitely lower down the scale than jeans - ask Hayley!
Linda Wiganer, No its not a PC reason, I`ll give you a clue. Think of ladies of d****ful character who **** very good money, then think of items of cl***ing generally worn, but for convenience not. Mix it all together and you have an old time saying which my SM used often when faced with a person wearing a fur coat, real or simulated. Incidentally, I bought Margaret one many years ago, she would never wear it, can you think of a reason?, and she wasn`t a lobbyist. Fill in the blanks for a bit of fun. Cheerio, Bill. (sorry Martin!!!)
As a `new member`, I wonder how long to I have to have been in the forum, or how many postings do I have to make in order to move up the ladder, (said with tonge in cheek)? I would have thought that the `number of posts` spoke for itself as to how long a person had been a member. I have been in other forums for years, so having one star doesn`t bother me at all. However, the present system could look quite daunting to newbies and I`m sure nobody wants to frighten new recruits away!
The work that goes into running a forum like this is tremendous I know, so please don`t take this as a moan, just throwing in my `two-penneth` (for what it`s worth).
Jim
quote:

Originally posted by Spitfire

As a `new member`, I wonder how long to I have to have been in the forum, or how many postings do I have to make in order to move up the ladder, (said with tonge in cheek)? I would have thought that the `number of posts` spoke for itself as to how long a person had been a member. I have been in other forums for years, so having one star doesn`t bother me at all. However, the present system could look quite daunting to newbies and I`m sure nobody wants to frighten new recruits away!
The work that goes into running a forum like this is tremendous I know, so please don`t take this as a moan, just throwing in my `two-penneth` (for what it`s worth).

I know you get 3 stars after 100 posts and 2 stars, after not a lot, about 20 or 25 I think. I've never really been impressed by the ranking system, I don't see the neccessity for it. And I agree , we need all the new recruits we can get . It's a bit like having prefects at school who can give you a clip round the ear isn't it.
quote:

Originally posted by William R

Linda Wiganer, No its not a PC reason, I`ll give you a clue.

No need for clues, Bill, I knew exactly what saying you meant concerning no nether garments [Wink] but I was also pointing out that we can't have fur coats in the rankings as it's not PC to wear one these days.