Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Wigan In The Championship
Considering Dave Whelan owns a pie makers, the pies are as you say rather expensive. You can buy a pie in many shops here in Wigan for less than £2.

frank h.
They're about £1.60 for a butter pie the only sort I'll ever eat. I have 1 a year.. Don't ask. Ah well time to get sorted Deepdale beckons.
Well I didn't expect that score Frank but it's done our goal difference a lot of good.
(05-Oct-2018, 08:27 PM)frank h Wrote: Considering Dave Whelan owns a pie makers, the pies are as you say rather expensive. You can buy a pie in many shops here in Wigan for less than £2.

frank h.

Which pie shop is that Frank? As I worked in Wigan town centre for nearly 30 years I must have had a few of them.

John W
Hi John,

the pie makers Dave Whelan owned was Pooles Pies. They had a few shops around Wigan but closed them to consentrate on manufacture.

Noel,
the score was deserved but I think PNE should have had a red card for the foul on Nick Powell,as well as Wigan and the wrong penalty shout was given. The first was a trip the second was a dive, having said that PNE played better in front of goal.

frank h.
Wouldn't disagree with that Frank some poor decisions by the ref. Nmecha who is on loan from City made a big difference to our team.
(08-Oct-2018, 07:54 PM)frank h Wrote: Hi John,

the pie makers Dave Whelan owned was Pooles Pies. They had a few shops around Wigan but closed them to consentrate on manufacture.

Yes I remember Pooles having a big shop and cafe on New Market St Frank. Also one in Preston and another in Chorley I think - then they all closed. Can't get meat & potato or butter pies down here in Bucks, so when I'm up in the north I usually bring a supply back and freeze 'em.

John

Noel,
the score was deserved but I think PNE should have had a red card for the foul on Nick Powell,as well as Wigan and the wrong penalty shout was given. The first was a trip the second was a dive, having said that PNE played better in front of goal.

frank h.
Nmecha was scythed down in the first half quite how a penalty wasn't given we'll never know. Maybe the ref was trying to correct it when he gave the one near the end. I don't like l this grappling with arms wrapped round a player, it never used to happen. It's part of the modern game now though
Sad to see the demise of Wigan Athletic. They didn't deserve that 12 points reduction and relegation because of the fault of the EFL to properly vet new owners. Hope some sort of deal with the rugby club, which seems the best option, can be done. Meantime it looks like PNE have bought the Euxton Lane training ground off them.