Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Harrison family
I'm seeking information on the Harrison family, my ancestors, who lived in the Leyland area.
Bartholomew Harrison born about 1761, Margaret Harrison (became Wilson) born ~1805 Ulnes Walton, John Harrison b ~1841 Ulnes Walton, John Harrison born ~1874 Leyland, John Ernest Harrison born 1896 Leyland. The family lived, at various times in Porters (?) Smithy, Ulnes Walton; Midge Hall; Leyland Moss; Land Lane Longton; Gill Lane Longton; Hawthorn House Midge Hall; and 191 Station Rd Bamber Bridge (fish and chip shop)
John Ernest Harrison born 1896 (my granddad) later lived in Larkhill St, Blackburn, but he died before I was born. His widow, my granny, lived in Ribble St, and then Inkerman St in Blackburn when I knew her.
The John Harrison born ~1841 had 6 sons, Henry, Thomas, John, William, George and Robert, so I imagine there must be many Harrisons still in the area.
I was brought up near Blackburn, and now live in Chester, but I know nothing about the Leyland area. If anybody knows anything about the people listed above, or the locations, I would love to hear from them.  

Vivian Downing (nee Harrison)
Hello Vivian and welcome to the forum. I hope someone can help with your search.
Martin ~
(17-Nov-2020, 12:50 PM)Martin Wrote: Hello Vivian and welcome to the forum. I hope someone can help with your search.
Thank you  Smile
Sorry I cannot help Vivian my family came from Bolton, my mother was a Nixon from Leyland and father from Bolton moved to Leyland when they married, I was born in Preston Royal hospital the family moved to Moreton on the Wirral then, I grew up there and then moved to Leyland when I married a Leyland Girl, best of luck with your search.
djh
(18-Nov-2020, 10:20 AM)Dave H Wrote: Sorry I cannot help Vivian my family came from Bolton, my mother was a Nixon from Leyland and father from Bolton moved to Leyland when they married, I was born in Preston Royal hospital the family moved to Moreton on the Wirral then, I grew up there and then moved to Leyland when I married a Leyland Girl, best of luck with your search.
Thanks David - I feel sure there must be some Harrisons out there! Vivian
Hi Vivian, growing up I lived in the step houses on Fox Lane, 2 doors down was a Harrison family with 2 sons born on the same day 10 years apart. The eldest son was called Steve who was a painter decorator the younger son was called David who worked for a solicitor. Having not lived in Leyland for 42 years l have lost track of them. Frank h.
(02-Jan-2021, 01:42 AM)frank h Wrote: Hi Vivian, growing up I lived in the step houses on Fox Lane, 2 doors down was a Harrison family with 2 sons born on the same day 10 years apart. The eldest son was called Steve who was a painter decorator the younger son was called David who worked for a solicitor. Having not lived in Leyland for 42 years l have lost track of them.                                                                                            Frank h.
Thanks for your reply. As you know, I'm interested to find out about Leyland Harrisons.